Call us at 781-829-9696
Call us at 781-829-9696
Join us for the 2024 The Napa Primary Care – Caring for the Active and Athletic Patient Conference, November 6-10, 2024. Now offering 16.0 hours AAFP CME Credits
The Napa Primary Care Conference is a unique educational conference for physicians and medical professionals who care for active and athletic patients or who themselves lead such a lifestyle.
The conference will be held at The Napa Valley Marriot Resort and Spa, conveniently located within minutes of renowned wineries, shopping, attractions, and numerous options for exercise and physical activity.
This conference will present very practical information that you can use in your practice. Topics will include common medical and musculoskeletal problems that affect patients who lead an active lifestyle. The focus will be on providing information that will help you diagnose and manage these conditions in the office; so that you can help your patients get moving again and improve their performance. In addition, various topics on healthy lifestyles and personal wellness will make this conference a valuable experience for all attendees.
The curriculum is directed to Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Emergency Medicine, PM&R and Orthopedics specialists as well as Physical Therapists, Athletic Trainers, Physicians Assistants, Nurse Practitioners and others who want to earn Continuing Medical Education from leading physician experts who are outstanding speakers.
Course Learning Objectives
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
1. Describe recent advances regarding various medical problems and their impact on the athlete and exercise performance.
2. Identify current recommendations for proper nutrition in active and athletic patients.
3. Illustrate key skills in the diagnosis and management of common musculoskeletal problems encountered by family physicians.
4. Diagnose common problems encountered by patients and effectively treat these conditions.
5. Define common medical-legal issues relevant to the primary care physician.
We hope you can join us for this unique conference in 2024. I look forward to meeting you in Napa!
Robert Sallis, MD, FACSM, FAAFP
Family Medicine Physician
Clinical Professor of Family Medicine
UC Riverside School of Medicine
Department of Family Medicine
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, Fontana, CA